11.13.2009

#1

Now I lay me down to weep
This poor soul will never sleep
Dear father time won't let me die
But who's to question why

I'm standing near so near. It is sapping my strength to think of the last time we were close. When we shared an intimacy and were vulnerable in each other's arms. I picture this as you stand in front of me looking as beautiful as always. This of course leads me on like a parent guiding a child across the street. Nowhere is safe nothing is known. My time is spent with my eyes open is haunted but as soon as they shut I am tormented. For the first time I felt like I was close to someone. I had never felt that. I am the alien the outcast forever the freak. Stares sideways glances awkward interactions and uneasy encounters follow me everywhere I go. You were the first to get past that. To be at ease with me. But my mind has halls that stay locked to me, bar me entry when I need to get in. I may never fully understand all my problems, but you saw them and know them well it seems. Now I want to know, nothing is steadfast. So why has it taken me so long to see all this?

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment