8.18.2009

Magnolia Tree

As she walked towards the tree, she saw him. Sitting in between the roots, he looked to be asleep but she knew he was too tense. With the way his hair covered his eyes, it was impossible to know where he was looking, if his eyes were even open. Once she was close, she noticed his guitar laying next to him. She worried, knowing that the only times he'd ever brought his guitar here was if he had to think. He'd asked her to meet him, and now she was scared that something was wrong.
Sitting down next to him, he spoke without looking up. "I wrote you a song," his voice calm and clear.
Her face lit up instantly. He's never written anything for me, she thought. Played me songs, but never anything original specifically for me. Maybe itz good after all.
"Before you say anything though, I just want you to listen." He looked at her with an intensity she'd never seen before. Lifting his guitar, he started to play.

This song is not to cry to
I don't want to see your tears
Despite what you think
This is just what you need to hear
Sometimes life isn't perfect
And things will go wrong
Even as we try
It can only be ignored for so long
This time tomorrow
I will be gone away
This will be hard
But it's the only way to say
I loved you
And care about you still
Sadly people change
I no longer feel
This song is not to cry to
I don't want to see your tears
Despite what you think
This is just what you need to hear

When he stopped, she just looked at him, tears streaming down her face. He stood and turned, but she grabbed his hand.
"But Jeremy-"
"Stop." He interrupted. "This is good-bye. Let's leave it at that."
With that he left, leaving her sitting there under the magnolia tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment